Project Overview: FleetCycle®
Developed a suite of applications which allows companies to plan and manage the entire airline maintenance life cycle. Customers using FleetCycle® software include American Airlines, Southwest Airlines, Continental/United Airlines, US Airways, Aveos (formerly Air Canada Technical Services), Republic Airlines (formerly Frontier and Midwest), and American Eagle. Customer deployments are generally in the 100s of concurrent users with up to 20 active maintenance bays.
FleetCycle® Product Architecture
J2EE with a modified Struts controller. Custom business process execution engine based on SOA. Hibernate for data persistence. XML/XSLT for HTML page rendering. XSL-FO for printable content. Flex for RIA content. Quartz for job scheduling. Jess for business rules. Spring-WS and Axis for SOAP Web Services. RESTEasy for REST Web Services. JMS for integration. The Spring Framework acts as the host container. Heavy use of robust, custom Ajax framework. Designed to run on all major application server vendors and database platforms.
- Responsible for overall technical strategy, business architecture, and technical architecture.
- Led various Java development teams.
- Directed offshore development (India).
- Led effort to make web-based interface mobile friendly.
- Designed multi-threaded code to exploit capabilities of multi-core processors.
- Articulated business and technical architecture in presentations to customers.
- Worked directly with customers and vendors to design integrations with other applications (WSDL, XML Schema, Web Services).
- Gathered and documented requirements for framework components.
- Designed software components from requirements (Rational Software Architect, XML Spy).
- Implemented software components from specifications.
- Thoroughly tested software at all phases of development (Junit, JUnit Perf).
- Collaborated with infrastructure team to build certification environments and define deployment processes (IBM WebSphere, BEA WebLogic, JBoss AS, Tomcat application servers; Windows and Linux O/S; Oracle and MS SQL Server databases).
- Developed comprehensive performance test suite (OpenSTA, WebLOAD, JProbe).
- Eliminated all known memory leaks and dramatically reduced heap size through memory analysis (JProbe).
- Led troubleshooting efforts for more complicated issues.